Sunday, March 20, 2016

Perry "Retreat from Moscow" cavalry unit finished


Hey all!

Well, finished up a unit of cavalry for the Retreat from Moscow army!

Overall I think they turned out pretty well... it is a little trickier than I expected to get them looking right.  I am STILL not sold on the basing... should the entire thing be snow?


I did want to do a unit that wasn't simply guys on horses, and so I used some dismounted cavalry and a dead horse to fill out the unit.


First two units done!  Got two more infantry units to do, and then the skirmishers, and the sleds!

2 comments:

Phil said...

Very nice...and atmospheric!

siggian said...

Re: snow

I really like it but I think you might want to use a snow and mud mix on many of the bases. It doesn't take much walking on to turn that pristine white into not-white. The other possibility is to add some brown grass poking through. Just some ideas if you want to add some variation to the white snow.

I wish I had the ambition to do a project like this though.