Sunday, September 29, 2013

Three more "Longstreet" armies done!


Hey all!

Well, three more "Longstreet" campaign armies done!

I am planning to take part in a campaign with a local gaming group.  I have SO many 15mm ACW figures that I figured I'd take this excuse to revamp them a bit.  I painted them all when I was about 10 or so, so they need some TLC.  All I did was split bases in half, add a variety of ground cover, and dip them!  Voila!

Anyway... I already posted my own army... so here are three more I prepared that I'll give out to players, so they can always have them with them and can have games on their own.

Above is two union armies that I have finished.


Here is the right-most army... three units of ten, including one of zouaves.


And here is the left-most army, which includes a unit of zouaves AND the Irish Brigade.


Here are the assorted reinforcements for the left army... one unit of eight stands of Colored troops, and then 12 assorted federal stands, including two command stands.


The right-hand army has the same!  I am short artillery and a single unit of cav... I have to look around and see if I can find some to fill out the armies, but if I can't someone else can likely lend them.


Here is army number three; another Confederate army.


On the left you can see the three starting regiments of infantry.


And on the right, the cavalry for the army, two of the three guns, and then assorted reinforcements... as of now 15 stands, including two command stands.

So!  Overall I am SO happy with how the figures turned out... it is amazing what just a little work can do for SUCH old figures... I'd be happy to game with them now!

There is still a little work to do... namely the hero markers and sharpshooter markers.... but I'll post those later:)

No comments: