Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A "Longstreet" marker... sort of



Hi all!

Well, as I mentioned in my last post, the gaming club that I usually game with (when I DO game, which is VERY infrequently!) is doing a game of "Longstreet" in a few weeks... so I thought I'd use that as an excuse to paint something up:)

I had looked through the personality cards, and decided on this one... the "Fire and Brimstone Preacher" personality.  Not only is it a fairly simple card, but it also lends itself to a little work on a figure!

So I did a little work converting the guy... added a big beard (because Southern preachers should have a beard, right?) and a Bible to his hand.  Nothing big, but noticeable (you can see the Union Sash and Saber figure he is based on in the small photo to the above right).

Now, there is no need for personality figures in "Longstreet" but what the hell... I will be using him as a marker to show which unit I have used the bonus for, if at all!

Anyway... any excuse to paint figures!:)

2 comments:

Chris Stoesen said...

Very nice conversion. The pistol in hand provides him with a compelling argument. :)

afilter said...

Very nice touch!