Friday, June 11, 2010

Usagi Yojimbo miniatures?


Hey all!

Okay, an odd request this time!

I am not sure how many folks here know of the comic book "Usagi Yojimbo"... It is a fantastic comic book out of Japan that follows a rabbit samurai through feudal Japan. "Maus"-style, the humans are replaced by animals, but in a human world.

It is a FANTASTIC series, steeped in feudal Japanese history, which I doubly enjoy after taking a few classes on the subject in undergrad... and I always wanted to paint up a set of Usagi miniatures and maybe even create a little skirmish game!

So I wanted to ask; does anyone here know of any Usagi Yojimbo miniatures out there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were...
You might want to check out http://www.megaminis.com/0-MINI-MAG.htm
but I'm afraid they are out of print now.

Author said...

Thanks, yes I did see those... however, as you noted, they are no longer available! Such a shame... I feel like a good Usagi set of figures would be AWESOME... talk about a skirmish game!

smash.music said...

i actually just saw one in a gaming shop this past week for $5. unfortunately, said shop is about 5 hours away from me.

Author said...

Argh! Really?! Holy cow, where are you? I would absolutely email them about it, if you know the name...?

Thanks!