Sunday, August 23, 2009

Some photos of ACW, Napoleonics and WWII Germans...

Hey all! Just thought I would throw some photos up... I was recently lent a super nice camera by my father-in-law, and am now familiar enough with it to take a few decent photos. So; here are three!

First up, the shot of a 15mm German 88 position at the top. The trench was made by a buddy of mine to fit two guns. It is a pretty cool little piece, and when it is correctly flocked into the table it looks pretty sharp.


Next up is a shelf shot of my OLD school 15mm ACW figures. I painted these many, many, many years ago when I was a kid... they are mainly Stone Mountain and somewhat craptastic, but whatever, a nice dense group of troops is always fun to look at, even if they are pretty poorly painted.

Next, here is the command of my 25mm Napoleonic French army! Obviously I have shot them before, but...

Then finally, to finish off the ACW photos, here are two shots of the beginning of my 25mm ACW collection... two units and a brigade commander isn't much to look at, but it is a start, and I must say, these guys paint up pretty quick. If only Games Workshop varnish wasn't such rubbish it would be three units...

So... now I am wondering if I should go back and rephotograph all of my soldiers! I probably won't because it would be an AWFUL lot of work... for now, I am off to paint a bit... I have some 25mm Napoleonic Austrians who are all undercoated and ready to go!

2 comments:

James said...

I'd say your "old schoolers" are respectable. Also, looks like you've got the 3rd NJ Vols. in your 28mm's. Nice work !

Jim

Author said...

I do indeed have the 3rd NJ... I just hope that I have the uniform right! :)

But yeah, I have TONS of the old school guys... enough for maybe a cabinet full... I have some photos of them here:

http://lordashramshouseofwar.blogspot.com/2008/11/table-gets-bit-full.html

and here:

http://lordashramshouseofwar.blogspot.com/2008/11/fall-in-2008-my-game.html

But I didn't put them all out... there is such a thing as "too many men on the table," especially with only 4 x 6.5 to work with:(

Anyway... thanks for coming by and especially for the kind words!!