Sunday, January 18, 2009

A glimpse of the Prussians

Before the weekend ends, I thought I would get just a few photos of a fraction of the 1806 Prussians up!

These guys are going to need a bit of work; they are not flocked, and their artillery and commanders are not painted yet. Now, there are some two thousand of them already painted, so I am not terribly concerned, but still...

They are quite beautiful, to be frank. They are older Prussians so their uniforms are fairly old school, but they do look fantastic; a wide variety of colors really makes them stand out. My only issue is that their command stands are all the same, and do not feature any flags. What a shame! Here is a single shot of them on the table... the Allied Troops have largely been given a flank, with the Prussians and Brunswickers being side by side.

2 comments:

Der Alte Fritz said...

Methinks that the white coated soldiers are Saxons rather than Prussians in 1806. True?

Author said...

Youthinks correct!:) These guys are a bit out of my usual knowledge range, so while I know they are a mix of Prussians and Saxons, I don't really know which are which. As they get posted if you want to point out which are which that would be appreciated actually!:)